Melissa Schuman files police report alleging Nick Carter sexually assaulted her


81

, Melissa Schuman files police report alleging Nick Carter sexually assaulted her, Brandon Bent - Viral News BlogMelissa Schuman has filed a police report with the cops after accusing Nick Carter of raping her in 2002.

The singer took to social media on Wednesday, February 7 to disclose her choice to file a report.

“I’m finally doing what I thought I could no longer do,” Melissa wrote on Twitter:

“I’m filing a police report #timesup #bebrave #bethechange #metoo thank you @RAINN for empowering me to take this step.”

She previously accused Nick Carter of raping her 15 years ago, Melissa Schuman says she forgave the Backstreet Boys star at that time. She went on The Dr. Oz Show to share her apology. “I forgive you. I don’t want anything from you. I wish you only the best. I don’t want your money. I didn’t do this to hurt you or your family,” the singer told the audience.

“I did this for me because I needed this healing, and I also came forward because I want to inspire other victims, other people who have been assaulted, to come forward and know that they have a voice.”

She additionally revealed why she didn’t report the supposed rape after it occurred years ago.

“I had actually confided in my manager at that time about pressing charges, and I was told that [Carter] had the most powerful litigator in the country and that I didn’t have the money to pay for an attorney to essentially defend me if he were to come after me.”

The singer has claimed the Backstreet Boys star made sexual advances on her in 2002, after inviting her to his home for an “informal hangout,” and allegedly forcing himself on her.

Melissa — who was a member of the all-girl group Dream alleges that Nick started kissing her and unbuttoned her pants, and though she claims she stated she “did not wish to go any further,” she says Nick “did not pay attention” and “did not care.”

, Melissa Schuman files police report alleging Nick Carter sexually assaulted her, Brandon Bent - Viral News BlogNick Carter promptly sent out a press release denying Melissa Schuman’s accusations and claiming all sexual contact between them was consensual.

He additionally stated he was “shocked and saddened” by her allegations.

The 37-year-old singer stated, “Melissa never expressed to me while we were together or at any time since that anything we did was not consensual.”

“We went on to record music and perform together, and I was always respectful and supportive of Melissa both personally and professionally.”

“This is the first that I am hearing about these accusations, nearly two decades later.”

“It is contrary to my nature and everything I hold dear to intentionally cause someone discomfort or harm.”

 

Source – Wet Paint

Leave your vote


Like it? Share with your friends!

81

Comments

comments

Log In

Forgot password?

Enter your account data and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Your password reset link appears to be invalid or expired.

Log in

Privacy Policy

Add to Collection

No Collections

Here you'll find all collections you've created before.