So, this year my weight has ballooned up and I needed some severe intervention. I looked at all the diets out there and Keto seemed to be the most effective and fastest diet out there. I have friends who have been on it and lost 40lbs and another friend’s father lost 90lbs all in one month.
Of course, I researched the diet online and ask friends about it before I started. Oh yeah, btw, I am not recommending the diet to anyone and of course, you should check with your doctor to see if this, or any diet is right for you… blah blah blah
Anyhow, I have been on it for 3 weeks and have not cheated once! The bad news is I only lost about 3lbs so far, UGH I have even bought keto test strips to make sure my body is producing ketones and in fact, I am so not sure what the problem is. Maybe I am expecting too much too fast.
The diet is hard I must say for a vegetarian, such myself. I am getting kind of sick of eating cheese all the time but I have found a surprisingly good treat out of keto recipes I have found online… cauliflower crust pizza!
It is pretty easy to make and honestly, I can’t tell the difference. Here is what you will need:
- 1 cauliflower broken into florets
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of garlic
- pinch of salt
1. Steam cauliflower until pretty soft.
2. Let it cool a bit then put in a towel and sponge up as much water as you can (this part is important or the crust will be soggy).
3. Mix the cauliflower with all the ingredients above in a blender or food processor (even beat it with beaters if that is all you have). Mix until very smooth like a paste.
4. Spay a baking sheet with olive or coconut oil and spread the mixture evenly on the pan.
5. Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for about 15-20 mins or until browned.
6. Remove from oven and top with cheese and whatever other pizza toppings you love. Keto is meat friendly so use plenty of pepperonis, if you like.
7. Put back in the oven at 400 degrees and cook for another 15 mins and enjoy!
I’ll keep you posted on my diet and other great recipes I come across!